- On 14th July 2002 Swaranandwan, for the first time, raised its curtains to the public. Or to put it more aptly, on that day, the public were, for the first time, exposed to the marvellous musical talents of the disabled of Anandwan. Ever since the troupe has staged over 500 sensational performances all over Maharashtra, in places such as Nagpur, Pune, Chandrapur, Aurangabad, Thane and even in the Shanmukhananda Hall in Mumbai. Wherever they have performed they have received wide applause from the audience. Responding to demand, over the years, the orchestra has had the privilege to perform more than once at many places. The orchestra has acted as an adhesive in bonding the healthy hearts of the disabled to the society. The orchestra is helping spread awareness amongst the people on disability and a number of allied issues.
- Swaranandwan has received the blessings and appreciation of several celebrities including His Holiness The Dalai Lama, social activist Medha Patkar, film star Nana Patekar, classical dancer Chitra Sukumaran and Ashok Hande of 'Awaz ki Duniya' fame. Approbation from such persons acts as a stamp of approval about the quality of its performances and serves to boost the vision and mission of the orchestra.
- Swaranandwan has received financial support from 'Share and Care'- USA, UNICEF through the Government of Maharashtra, Novelle Planete - Switzerland and from several others which has contributed to its genesis and growth to a considerable extent. The financial support has helped it acquire state-of-the-art musical equipment and requisite accessories to make it one of the best in the field at present in India.
- The multitalented and versatile performers of Swaranandwan present a range of items from tribal and folk dances and songs to popular Hindi and Marathi film songs to classical songs. These are finely interspersed with light comedy and mimicry, all strung together by a compere who keeps the audience enraptured with his pearls of wisdom. What's more amazing, they are now going multilingual and multicultural with songs from other languages and regions now flowing into their hearts. They are thus equipping themselves to take up the bigger task of national and social integration. They are now preparing themselves to step out of the boundaries of Maharashtra.
- Swaranandwan has with its numerous stage performances collected a good amount of money to meet the needs of hundreds of other disabled and marginalised persons of Anandwan and outside. Thus it is not only enabling its artistes to stand on their own feet but also serving its social commitment towards the welfare of others.